We at the Southwest Inn at Sedona
are getting more and more excited each day about this season of football. ASU
is looking quite promising this year. If you plan on visiting Arizona for any upcoming games, you should consider taking a detour up to Sedona for a couple nights. Sedona could be the perfect place to celebrate a win or, Heaven forbid, recoup from a loss. You can come take in our gorgeous views
. Coming from Phoenix or Tucson you'll surely want to take a nice cool dip in our creeks
. Need to clear your head and strategize about your Fantasy Football team? What better place than Sedona's beautiful trails
? Four of Arizona's cities recently made it into Bloomberg's Top 50 Cities in the Country
article. We in Sedona like to think that these cities are so popular because it is so easy for them to get away to Sedona now and then. For any info on Sedona and accommodations give us a call at The Southwest Inn at Sedona
1-800-483-7422, or direct at 1-928-282-3344.
Bloomberg Business Week has released their list of the "Top 50 Cities" for 2012. As one of the more popular hotels in Sedona, we here at the Southwest Inn at Sedona were not surprised to see 4 of Arizona's cities making the list:
Here in Sedona we get visitors from all over the world every day, but you might be surprised to learn that a lot of our visitors are from other areas of Arizona. People come to Sedona for:
- its unique climate and terrain.
- they come for the perfect weather and the glorious views.
- they come to see and hike all the red rocks around the area.
- Sedona is a unique place in this world and you don't have to be too far away to appreciate it.
- In most of arizona you are not able to just walk to the creek and go for a swim.
- The phoenix area reaches temeratures of 125, so its nice that they have a beautiful place so close by.
We congratulate Phoenix, Chandler, Gilbert and Scottsdale for making Bloomberg's list of top cities in America. Please give us a call, and we will show you why the Southwest Inn at Sedona
has become a "home away from home" for many of Arizona's residents.
August 24 - September 2, 2012
Come visit us during a week of music and education. The Red Rocks Music Festival will feature Arizona's leading musicians as well as performers from around the world. The festival will also feature classes and workshops enabling children and adults to learn from master musicians. The festival also provides outreach programs to help inspire students to take up music. We would love to have you come stay with us at the SOUTHWEST INN (800-483-7422). you can find more info about the festival at www.redrocksmusicfestival.com.
When you are staying at the Southwest Inn, attending the Red Rock Music Festival, here are a few things that you can do:
- Take a short drive over to Red Rock Crossing, for a swim in the creek under stunning views of the Vortex.
- Take a short drive out Dry Creek Road, and look for the UFO base.
- Take a hike around Thunder Mountain. See our Hiking Thunder Mountain e-book:
- Ask our Front Desk Staff for endless advice.
See you out on the Rocks,
You might be asking what all the buzz is about. We at the Southwest Inn have a strong feeling it's coming from all the hummingbirds momentarily residing in beautiful Sedona, AZ. There are currently 5 species being represented here and sedona's throwing them a welcoming party. Come join us for a weekend of fun at the first annual Sedona Hummingbird Festival. The festival will be held at the Sedona Performing arts Center and additional related events will be held around Sedona. There will be 3 full days of presentations and lectures as well as a "Hummingbird Mall" featuring many different products relating to our feathered friends. Many local business's will be participating in the event so there should be no shortage of activities for you and your whole family. For more information give the SOUTHWEST INN a call at 800-483-7422. You can also get every detail by calling The Humminbird Society at 800-529-3699.
Southwest Inn is one of the few hotels in sedona that travelers love to stay at and enjoy shopping and events in sedona. This July stay with us and enjoy Sedona’s beautiful summer weather and some smooth jazz while participating in Pie eating contests, sack races, face painting, and star spangled crafts for kids. The Red local fire engine truck will be hanging out courtesy of the Sedona fire department. FREE 11am-5pm July 7th
Hiking on Thunder Mtn. (yes, it is the "real" Thunder Mtn., which inspired Walt Disney) is one of the most popular hikes in Sedona, Az. Although there are many hotels in Sedona that offer tips on how to get there, only the Southwest Inn at Sedona has gone to the trouble (well not real trouble--in fact we had a lot of fun) to publish a step by step "E" Book on Hiking Thunder Mtn.
Hiking Thunder Mtn. "E" Book
There are many reasons why you will want to download this book, and take the hike around Thunder Mtn:
- It is close to the western gateway of Sedona, just off of Dry Creek road, which is also the access to the wilderness canyons.
- It is a relatively short hike, with a few steep climbs (not counting the Summit).
- It is very scenic.
- You get 360 degree views of Sedona.
- It is hard to get lost with our "E" Book, however--how can one be lost if they do not care where they are?
If you would like more information on the Thunder Mtn. hike, or any one of the other hikes in Sedona, please give the Southwest Inn at Sedona a call for information: 800-483-7422.
See you out on the trails.
The Southwest Inn at Sedona will once again be providing lodging to the attendees of the Sedona Kryon Conference. The 2012 Kryon Conference promises to be one of the most dynamic conferences to date, and the guests will be able to enjoy the Red Rock "phantasmagoria" from the Southwest Inn, which is centrally located between the main conference hall and the wilderness canyons out Dry Creek Road.
Why have so many past attendees enjoyed the Southwest Inn?
- After hours of listening to instructional material, our Kryon guests have enjoyed the tranquility of hiking around Thunder Mountain.
- Or, taking a sunset walk out towards Buddha Beach, which is just down from the Cathedral Vortex.
- Taking snacks and a beverage to the Sedona Cultural Park to enjoy watching the sun go down in a quiet, peaceful setting.
- Just minutes away from the Inn, in the stunning red rocks, is the Amitabha Stupa and Peace Park. Stupas are a living presence of awakened compassion and radiate constant blessing throughout the world.
- Another opportunity for tranquility is the Sedona Public Library. It's located 1.5 blocks from the Inn.
- Please call us for more information on the spiritual sites near the Southwest Inn at Sedona: 800-483-7422
Enjoy an incredible adventure up to and through the Grand Canyon, while riding in the comfort of a Pink Jeep Luxury Van, and enjoying a wonderful nights sleep at the Southwest Inn at Sedona.
By combining the Pink Jeep tour of the Grand Canyon with a two night stay at the Southwest Inn at Sedona you will enjoy the following benefits:
- A package discount for your entire stay
- Time to enjoy Sedona and the Grand Canyon
- A fun and scenic ride up to the Grand Canyon
- Wonderful morning breakfast at the Southwest Inn
- A great nights sleep in the desert air of Sedona AZ.
Please call us for availability and rates: 800-483-7422
A preview of May 20th's annual eclipse from Sky & Telescope
When the Moon passes between the Earth and the Sun in the right way, a solar eclipse happens. There are four different types of solar eclipses. The most recognizable is the total eclipse, where the moon completely blocks out the sun, leaving only the spectacular solar corona visible. A partial eclipse occurs when the sun is only somewhat obscured by the Moon, which can often be seen alongside total eclipses. The annular eclipse, which is what we'll see on May 20, happens when the Moon appears slightly smaller than the Sun. A hybrid eclipse is when the eclipse flips between a total eclipse and an annular eclipse.
Throughout the late afternoon on Sunday, May 20, you'll be able to see the Moon pass in front of the Sun to various degrees, depending on where you live in the country.
Those waching the eclipse from Sedona, Az. from the balcony at the Southwest Inn at Sedona will get an amazing view. Or, let us help arrange a Pink Jeep tour up to the Grand Canyon, for a life time experience!
The last time a total or annular solar eclipse happened across the United States was in 1994, so get ready to watch this amazing event!
Be sure you're watching the solar eclipse safely. If you look directly at it, you risk permanent eye damage. Check out some tips on how to view a solar eclipse, or grab a pair of specialized eclipse glasses.
USA Today reported that there will be a "Super Moon" that will be viewable in the sky, during the weekend of May 5th and 6th, 2012.
The moon rises that are seen from the balconies at the Southwest Inn at Sedona at memorable ones, but a "super moon"---WOW!! we can hardly wait.
Another great viewing spot: out Dry Creek Road!
Call us today for reservations, and come up to Sedona to enjoy the "Super Moon".